Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My kenwood home theatre krf v5300D is flashing when I try to

Customer Question

hi my kenwood home theatre krf v5300D is flashing when I try to turn power on.can you help me please?
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: thanks .
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: it happened 6 months ago, but filed it away.my son wants it so I'm trying to sort it out for him. it hasn't been touched for 6 months although it has been plugged into power.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tonight ive just unplugged it and waiting for an hour to pass and will plug in and see what happens
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no that's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, has a RESET been considered / tried?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i disconnected for an or so,but still flashing.how do i reset?
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.