Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

Starting last week i am no longer able to connect to pandora

Customer Question

starting last week i am no longer able to connect to pandora either thru my ipad or thru the remote... it asks if i am new or have an account and when i answer i have an account and enter in my login stuff ... it does nothing it use to work with no issues,,, i replaced the cable, made sure i have the right login stuff
i can go to internet radio and get a station with no problem
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

You must have a denon receiver , please give me its model number ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
denon avr-x4000
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

O.k and how long now since you bought this unit ?

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

How do you think I guessed the DENON brand name ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have had the unit for a couple of years, i check to see if the firmware is uptodate and it is
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

They all have networking problems

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

the joke is that the Bluetooth / network module is tat culprit and it cost more than the receiver itelf to buy it

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

sorry for the typo`s by the way

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i you mean i have a dead player,? i am not sure i buy that since i can get internet radio
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

if you still get internet radio then great but `m talking as a user and tech.
At time you may be able to get wired connect for example but not wifi

What is your complain here anyway

Just Pandora ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was just pandora , and it turns out you arent even on the right track./... after the disappointing website you are with i dug around and found the following:June 23, 2016: Please be advised that due to certain changes implemented at Pandora, some of our products have been temporarily unable to connect to the Pandora service. Our Engineering Team is currently working with Pandora to resolve this issue and we hope to have a resolution soon. The Pandora issue should not affect your product's ability to receive other music streaming services such as Internet Radio, Sirius/XM or Spotify Connect.As a temporary workaround, you can still enjoy Pandora via your Denon product's AirPlay or Bluetooth capabilities. Simply open the Pandora App from your iOS or Android device and then connect to the Denon model either by using AirPlay in the iOS device or pairing your device to the Denon using Bluetooth.We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope to have this corrected shortly.i do not expect top pay for this session
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
confirm that i will not be billed
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Disappointing website ????
You should say denon piece of ........b , I`m sure you can fill in the blanks

Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

Denon now makes junk pieces of equipment . lets not for get that

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this is not a reflection on you guys but i found the conversation via your web site a bit of a bite, there were no response blocks most all of the times and then there ios that penny gal kept popping up so i didnt know who to respond to.. and the equipment comment... well in this case you are just wrong it is not the Bluetooth / network module, and instead it is pandora and changes they made to their site.. as i told you i didn't have any issues with the internet connection and as it turns out i didnt .. sorry this time no 100 % satisfaction rating and hence no money as i found the answer i was looking from as well as a work around
Expert:  Jack replied 3 months ago.

I will now opt out and repost your question , you are correct but I`m out of suggestions on this one

Very possible another ech. here will have a solution for you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no other responses are necessary in light of the denon post... if i have to followup then i will repost and go from there... thanks for your time
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
which do you think are better for a 3 zone unit