Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a RX V379 no sound from any speaker. Disconnected

Customer Question

I have a RX V379 no sound from any speaker. Disconnected everything and just hooked up the main speakers. Put on the tuner and nothing. All power and functions read normal. Is there a reset function.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. On Yamaha receivers the general hard reset is to unplug the power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in to reboot the processor. I'm assuming you've already tried that?

Also, how old is the receiver and when did the problem occur?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have done that
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Just wondering if you're over a year here, and also wondering if there were any storms or power outages that could have been a catalyst.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

No age of the receiver either? Okay, anyways- moving on have you gone into the receiver MENU and reset to defaults?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

The only thing you can try on a user level is to "Restore the Default Setting (INIT)" which clears all settings in the receiver back to shipping conditions. If there is any pushbutton fix, this will be it since it supersedes all settings and adjustments. Click the link below, scroll to page 57 to see how to enter the "Advanced Setup MENU", then scroll down to the Reset option and follow those steps:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20151020115900/Manuals/022/022RXV379.PDF

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.