Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

Marantz SR7009 keeps shutting itself off with red flashing

Customer Question

Marantz SR7009 keeps shutting itself off with red flashing stby light (flashes about 2x/sec).
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Sporadically for a few days. It seems to be triggered whenever I have the machine wake up for a network request (AirPlay).
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Steps presented in the manual-- factory default reset performed on the front panel, allowing time to cool off, etc. it seems to be recovered when I manage to shift the input to cable/sat before the Main zone amp kicks on.
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nooe
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Marantz system?

Also how long before it turns off?

Any error messages?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's an SR7009, at this point maybe a year to 18 months old. When transitioning to AirPlay as the input, the system shuts off within roughly ten seconds, or when attempting to restart system afterwards, it will shut off at the end of the boot sequence, again roughly ten seconds. I had a thought that perhaps a friend of mine was attempting to AirPlay from his iPhone, where he keeps then volume typically at 100% and didn't realize when selecting AirPlay as the output, that the receiver would match its output level. If this Is the case, how would I check and or correct it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no error messages.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this problem occurs when there is a short circuited part somewhere in the system. You shoudl try disconnecting the speakers and see if it will stay on any longer please let me knwo if that helped at all or if it is still doing the same thing?