Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a xdvision XOD1752BT radio. The speakers work fine.

Customer Question

I have a xdvision XOD1752BT radio. The speakers work fine. Ivebtried to hook my amp and subs up. The amp has power getting to it but my subs won't play. There is a sub out on back of radio do I use that and it I do how and where do I run it
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, First- do you have the remote turn on wire on the amp connected to the Blue REM wire on the deck, and does the amp turn on/off with the deck's power button?

If so, then proceed as follows as a basic test of the amp/sub combo:

1) Turn the deck on so the remote activates the amp's turn on.

2) With the amp on- take a short RCA cable and plug it directly into the amp- leaving the other end disconnected.

3) Tap your finger onto the unplugged end of RCA cable and let me know if you hear a buzz" or "humm" coming from the subwoofers.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Then you can either connect the amp to the "Front Left and Right RCA outs" on the deck to send signal to the subwoofer amp, or you can use the SUB OUT (single brown) RCA out- but you will need an RCA splitter to connect to that. The RCA splitter is below and allows that single Brown SUB OUT jack to split out to the RCA red and white jacks on the amp:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_119ILJRY2F/Monster-Cable-1-Male-2-Female-RCA-Y-adapter.html?tp=1934&awkw=75639831265&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47636619865&awdv=c

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.