Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

Pandora was working fine now it won't authenticate

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It plays on my phone but won't authenticate to my Denon
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Which model denon do you have:

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

This is a known issue at the moment, on many devices, and not isolated only to Denon.

Pandora made some changes to their server environment earlier this week, which has broken the compatibility with several devices.

For this to be resolved, Denon has to release a patch/update to bring your receiver back up to the compatibility standards required by pandora for connecting to their services.

You can periodically go into the settings menu on the denon under network/other setup and run the Firmware Update function, until one loads and service is restored.

Typically we expect to see this type of update happen within about 2 weeks. The same thing happened about a year ago and denon had a patch out in about 10 days.

In the meantime, you can continue using pandora through an external device such as streaming via a phone/tablet through airplay or bluetooth.

Best regards,