Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Kenwood stereo system back from 20 years ago or so

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood stereo system back from 20 years ago or so (KR-V7020 audio/video stereo receiver, GE-29 stereo graphic equalizer, KX-W6020 Cassette stereo,, 1050 CD, 103 CD, 103 CD and KD-38R automatic return table. Approximately a year ago, after a power outage for only a few minutes, everything (stereo/cassette, etcetera) all powered back on but there was no sound. Do you have any idea what needs to be done to repair this?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Paula and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, let's try first the receiver; could it perhaps be a KRF-V7020 (just confirming)?

Still, would it work alone/by itself (with speakers connected)? ...in radio (AM or FM) mode?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, it is exactly as I said, R -V7020. Maybe I should discontinue at this time as I did not put this together and I know nothing about the connections. Can I please have my name, password ***** credit card information destroyed as I really have no idea about such things. Hopefully, I will meet someone some day who can help me. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Appreciate the information Paula.

Should you still consider / attempt the connections, the basic idea is to connect the KD-38R to the KR-V7020's PHONE jacks, the KX-W6020 Cassette to TAPE 1 and the GE-29 equalizer to TAPE 2 jacks. TAPE 2 MONITOR button must be pressed to enable the sound to be processed by the equalizer.

Should you need more specific jack-to-jack connections, please post back.

...and sorry Paula but my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

The "...password ***** credit card information destroyed..." would best be served by Customer Service. Please contact them directly to have this taken cared of.