Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Player connected to Yamaha with HDMI cable. This has worked

Customer Question

Player connected to Yamaha with HDMI cable. This has worked fine for four years. All of a sudden the problem I described with the volume control just happened. Is the Yamaha defective?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: The TV is a VIZIO, model E47OVLE, but this set up has worked fine for 4 years. I have not made any changes.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried using a different Blue Ray DVD player that I know works. Same problem with volume and surround sound sound. I tried several DVDs. Same problem.
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 5 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What exactly is the problem with the volume control?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **