Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just bought the Bose wave music system IV last Friday and

Customer Question

I just bought the Bose wave music system IV last Friday and the cd player is not playing
any,ore. It says "Not Playable" and I tried several cds
What is going on?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Was the system playing these same 4 CD's without an issue before? Also are they burned, or factory CD's?

Additionally, is the system not "spinning" the discs, or is there simply no sound?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you're able to read my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New factory cds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are new factory cds
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, sounds like you have the start of a premature failure or a "Lemon" here, which happens more with modern day electronics than ever before.

Please unplug the system from power for 30 seconds, then press and hold the power button on the remote for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the Bose back in and power it up. Try to play a disc and let me know IF the disc is SPINNING, or not.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still having the same problem please? Is the disc timer counting on the display after you hit PLAY- yes or no?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cd player was working fine yesterday
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I understand that, that doesn't mean anything. Things can work fine for a day or even a minute and fail. Follow the instructions I posted 8 minutes ago and LET ME KNOW if the disc is spinning please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you're unable to get the system to respond at all in playing back a disc, then I'm afraid you have a premature failure here, which isn't common- but does happen from time to time. In this case since you purchased the system only 5 days ago, then you would need to contact Bose and setup an exchange of the system. These symptoms are not within normal operation of the Bose and the fact that it's not playing discs means it has failed prematurely. I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. You would want to call Bose directly at the phone number below:

BOSE:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.