Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Pioneer vsx-604s I hear the power come on but the lights 't,

Customer Question

pioneer vsx-604s I hear the power come on but the lights don't, and nothing will play
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Can you please elaborate on "hear the power come on"? Are you saying you hear the relay click sound?

Also how long have you owned this receiver for and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hear a relay click. it is about 25 years old
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Older pro logic receiver, I see it now. These symptoms point to a hardware failure in the unit without a doubt and requires repairs be made to the receiver. Most common causes are a fault in the power supply circuit (most often shorted/dried filter capacitors), however can be caused by many other things as well. What type of assistance are you looking for today? Are you looking to delve into the unit with a multi-meter and trace out exactly where the voltage is being lost, or are you looking to see what a repair would cost you at a repair shop?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't want to go any further