Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I get Iheart on my smart TV, but would enjoy it more if I

Customer Question

Hello, I get Iheart on my smart TV, but would enjoy it more if I could pick it up on my home stereo...which includes a grace digital internet radio receiver. Is there a way?, regards, Joe
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Vizio,e500i-B1..1 yr old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, I can listen to I heart thru the TV.....but my home stereo [not hooked up to the TV] has much better sound
JA: The theater expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Joe.

Can you tell me which model grace radio you have?

Are you wanting to know about streaming directly on the radio (without the use of the tv), or are you wanting to know about connecting the tv through the stereo?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like to use the home stereo, either through the grace digital or another device, to pick up my I heart radio service which is available on my digital TV. I just don't know how to get from the I heart Wi-Fi signal to the stereo. The grace digital product is a GDI I RTP 800
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately your grace system does not directly support iheart radio.

But, your grace system is really just a receiver unit, it isn't an amplifier or speaker system, so you could connect the tv to the same stereo system that the grace is piped through if they are in the same room.

An alternative is that you can use an iphone/ipad or other phone/tablet to stream the iheart radio app on it, via bluetooth, through the stereo system (a small adapter may be required)

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?