Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I own a Beosystem 5500, complete system with integrated

Customer Question

I own a Beosystem 5500, complete system with integrated wired connections with wireless Beolink 1000 units. Not sure if I should try to fix, or if existing wiring could be used for a new system or if I should just go with a completely different system.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Radio reception deteriorated--tried buying "powered indoor" antenna at Best Buy--but did not help much. I think the connected FM and AM antennas from original installation need replacing/fixing. Also, the Beolink 1000 units (which are wireless) do not completely work properly. I can turn system on and off with them and Master Control, but volume controls do not work properly. My point is the sound reaches all linked systems, but can no longer utilize the former ability to receive and control individual components from each room. It is more of an "all on/all off" situation. Not completely, however in that I can turn off the sound with Beolink 1000 in a room and still even turn the entire system off remotely in a room. Hope this amplifies (no pun intended) my question. Thank you.***@******.***
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Either your reception is being slightly 'jammed' by some other electronic activity in the region... and to check on that, just unplug or turn Off every other electric appliance around, and try again... or else, your BeoSystem radio's tuner circuitry is defective, and isn't centering on the center of the channel's band.

I think that last is fairly sure, because even with signal strength greater, owing to the antenna, you still have problems just as before... hinting that the signal was enough even without the added antenna, but it's defectively tuned in or defective in demodulation of the signal, somehow.

As for volume controls... try that elimination of interference/noise by unplugging or turning off everything else, first. If that doesn't fix it, tell me how you are trying to adjust the remote speakers' volume, etc. ?