Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Louie I have a Denon AV 2312 and remote RC1156 and I am

Customer Question

Hi Louie
I have a Denon AV 2312 and remote RC1156 and I am having trouble getting any sound from my system
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi Geoff and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, even if the remote is faulty, the AVR-2312CI should work as expected particularly in radio (AM / FM) mode.

Still, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• •consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.

• • There is a partial test to confirm if the old remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the other hand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself or a compatibility issue.

• Click HERE.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.