What are the two wires back of unit, mine have been cut off-

Customer Question

What are the two wires for on back of unit, mine have been cut off- one appears to be a set of RCA's?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  alumalite replied 4 months ago.

Those two wires, if they are 18 gauge generally a white and a red send 24 vac power to the compressor control contactor inside the unit to run it in cooling mode.

Define RCA for me please

we can go from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I connect this to a pre amp as the wires have been cut, I have no idea what they are? RCA's are 1/4" plugs for connecting audio equip together. One of the wires is white, with bare copper wire, the other is red, with bare copper wire, and there is also another wire coming out of back of unit very thin gauge, one black, one black with white stripe marks. What kind of power does this produce? Has front A&B and rear R&L

Your question got sent us in the air conditioning dept I will have it sent to home electronics. be patient, someone will pick it up shortly in most cases.