Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have the mini Bose speaker and having trouble with the

Customer Question

I have the mini Bose speaker and having trouble with the on-off button. I'm concerned one of these days I'n not going to be able to turn it on or off. It's only 2 yrs. old. What do you suggest I do.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello John, First- sorry you're having problems. Secondly, what is the exact problem you're having with the On/Off button- do you simply have to pres it multiple times to get the unit to turn on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have to press it 6-7 times for it to turn on or off
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay thanks. At least, the power button itself is possibly failing or at worse case there is a component prematurely drifting out of spec within the Bose that is causing the issue. Here's the ting- even though the unit is just out of warranty (one year), Bose will STILL in most cases opt to repair an issue like this either at a very discounted cost, or for free- even out of warranty. They handle this on a case by case basis, so the best best- if you're not looking to pull this unit apart and try fixing it yourself (not recommended unless you have some good experience under your belt) is to call them at the number below, explain the situation and also elaborate on your concerns of the unit failing to power up at all in the future, and I am willing to bet they will be more than happy to help you with this. Other than that, there are no quick fixes, or pushbutton corrections that will solve this problem- it is indicative of a hardware issue.

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this? If there's any other specific questions you have feel free to reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.