Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Installed new sirius xm radio at my office. plugged into

Customer Question

installed new sirius xm radio at my office. plugged into denon DRA-697Ci receiver. not working and getting check antennae message on receiver.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Are you simply plugging an XM antenna directly into the Denon? If so, that's not what is needed the Denon requires a Home Docking station. Let me know what you have.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Let me know when you can see my reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Home docking station
only connection to denon is through stereo audio cable
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Thanks. If you're using a Stereo audio cable then the Denon isn't going to be used in XM mode and no tuning will be done on the Denon itself- it will all be done through the Home Docking station. That said you are on the incorrect source setting on the Denon- which is why you have that message. The Denon can only be set to XM when using the specific dock station with the antenna connector that fits the back of the Denon where it says "XM". That said, what specific Inputs are you plugged into on the Denon (the stereo jacks are all labeled)?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
have to look
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

What you will need to select, is whatever the jacks are labeled on the Denon. So, say you're plugged into the "AUX" jacks, you will then select "AUX as the source on the Denon to activate those Inputs. Again though, you won't see any tuner info on the Denon display- all tuning will be done on the portable XM tuner itself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am on with sirius. wrong radio for my denon receiver
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

You can still use it exactly as I specified above, but yes- becuse it's not the dock that connects to the XM port on the Denon (which I did say above in my first reply) then it will not work on the XM mode on the Denon. They confirmed exactly what I said and I provided a workaround to be able to use the tuner with your Denon. Use the AUX jacks, select AUX and then do all tuning on the portable receiver.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

In fact you're not likely to be able to find an XM/Sirius (same company now) that will work with this Denon- as the connections and support has changed. Use the audio cables you have now and plug them into the AUX ports on the Denon then select AUX source setting. Turn the volume up on the Denon and then choose a station.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no. did not work. getting different radio
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Okay take care.