ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a NuVo system with two iPod docks. Neither dock will

Customer Question

I have a NuVo system with two iPod docks. Neither dock will charge the iPod any longer while it's docked. Don't know if it's the CAT5 cable or the power supply or something else.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a NuVo system with two iPod docks. Neither dock will charge the iPod any longer while it's docked. Don't know if it's the CAT5 cable or the power supply or something else.
JA: Is there anything else the Home Theater Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not really.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am Pete, and i'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Usually when the iPod stops charging, it is due to a small piece of lint or other debris in the charging socket of the device, preventing it from making a good connection. Try cleaning out the charging socket area of the iPod using a vacuum cleaner and a pin to help poke out any stuck debris. Let me know if that helps?...

If you still need assistance, please let me know:

1. Does the iPod charge when plugged into the wall?

2. Have you tried charging any other iPods or devices on the NuVo system?

3. What is the model number of the NuVo system?

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------