Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

My son-in-law hooked up a surround system bar to our Sharp

Customer Question

My son-in-law hooked up a surround system bar to our Sharp 70" television. Our problem is that he must have disconnected something on the menu regarding the actual sound coming from the TV. I have disconnected the surround system bar but can't get any sound on my TV.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you look through the setup menu, you should find an option there that gives you an audio output option, where you set it to either theater/external, or to tv. It is normal for the tv speakers to be shut off, because the sound is now routed to the theater system.

If that doesn't accomplish what you wanted, please let me know the complete make/model of both the soundbar and the tv.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.