Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years as audio/video repair and installation tech.

Bose solo 15 series ll I want to turn on and off with

Customer Question

Bose solo 15 series ll
I want to turn on and off with samsung UN55KS8000
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack an independent Canadian TV/AUDIO repairman with 40 years experience.
Perhaps i can help you with this , please let me know when you see this.

Expert:  Jack replied 4 months ago.

Not sure exactly how you were planning to do that but you have the onscreen setup menu ;

HOME button >>> SOURCE >>>> REMOTE SETUP and follow the onscreen procedure .

Other than that to control external equipment with the TV's CEC /HDMI control ,first it has to be discovered by the tv and most important here it has to be connected HDMI which cannot be done here with this sound bar.

Now if the TV's own remote cannot be programmed to operate the solo then you got the model 15 and you should have 2 remotes that came with it , one for the solo alone and a universal one that could be programmed for the tv .

Now that would be the way to go if you want to use only one remote and the way to do that is this ;

On the remote control, press and hold TV until all six source buttons glow, then release.

The appropriate source button (TV) continues to glow.

2. On the number keypad, enter the code for your source’s brand which is 0060 for Samsung and press + on the volume button.

Now try the remote and if that works on the tv then press EXIT and you`re done .

I understand that it may not be quite what you had in mind but those are the options available to you .

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time and you can come back here at any time after rating for questions or help