Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

WE PURCHASED YOUR SYSTEM 5/15/14 AND LAST WEEK IT STARTED

Customer Question

WE PURCHASED YOUR SYSTEM 5/15/14 AND LAST WEEK IT STARTED MAKING SOUNDS LIKE WE HAVE NOT HEARD BEFORE. NOW IT MAKES A LOT OF STATIC AND DOES NOT SOUND GOOD. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT. ITS TOO EXPENSIVE TO GET RID OF AND I WOULD EXPECT A LOT MORE THAN WHAT WE GOT OUT OF IT FOR THE PRICE. WHAT CAN I DO, IF ANYTHING.
I HAVE A CD WITH IT AND THE CD IS OK, ITS THE SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT SOUND GOOD.THE ORDER # ***** *****
WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dick and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the home theater / stereo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
055419941260181AE
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but "...055419941260181AE..." does not appear to be a valid product / model number.

Please re-check.

Thanks.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Yes on the call soon as we have concrete information as to what product we are dealing with please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I will call but will only request the same information; what is the model number please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WAVE MUSIC SYSTEM III WHT 120V US, MODEL #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried relocating the Bose Wave unit? ...nearer a window? ...or trying another outlet far from where it is currently plugged into?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I TRIED BOTH OF THEM LONG BEFORE I CALLED YOU. I AM DUMB BUT NOT THAT DUMB.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I have to ask as these information were not made available on earlier "What has been tried"

If all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then the described symptom and the results of what has been tried would almost always point to an internal hardware issue. This would then require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CALL ME.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Tried calling but the system would not allow me and posted this message "...Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation...."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS THIS A LITTLE GAME OR WHAT? WHAT DO YOU NEED BESIDE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE? I AM NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME OVER THE PHONE THAT YOU CAN NOT DO HERE. EITHER YOU CAN FIX IT OR NOT. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR ARE WE JUST GUESSING ? OR MAYBE YOU JUST NEED MONEY? CALL ME AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

On:

• IS THIS A LITTLE GAME OR WHAT? - which of the above posts gave you this impression please?
  • WHAT DO YOU NEED BESIDE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE? - no I don't. Perhaps you meant the site / system.
  • I AM NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? - I merely asked first for the model number and then provided easy user doable what to try, information of which were not made available initially.
  • WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME OVER THE PHONE THAT YOU CAN NOT DO HERE. - the phone call is a system generated offer.
  • EITHER YOU CAN FIX IT OR NOT - I can provide guidance, diagnostic procedures and which/what to test. That the unit is physically with you would mean that you would be doing the fixing BUT that would be if and only if considering a DIY.
  • DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR ARE WE JUST GUESSING ? - since I have been doing this for for decades, then yes.
  • OR MAYBE YOU JUST NEED MONEY? - this is after all a paid Q & A site.
  • CALL ME AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE. - this is contradictory to "...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL ME OVER THE PHONE THAT YOU CAN NOT DO HERE..."

As posted above, Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IN OTHER WORDS, YOU CAN NOT FIX IT AND I NEED A TECHNICIAN AND NOT AN ANSWER MAN!
WHY WOULD I PAY TO GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED WHEN I KNOW IT NEEDS SOME TECHNICAL HELP THAT I AM NOT QUALIFIED TO DO. BY THE WAY, I CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS ALSO AND HAVE DONE SO FOR 30 YEARS WITH IBM AND NEVER CHARGED PEOPLE FOR THAT. I GUESS WE WORK FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE. MY COMPANY NEVER TRIED TO SCREW PEOPLE LIKE YOUR IS. WHAT A SHAME.
I GUESS YOUR COMPANY DOESN'T TRUST TO HELP PEOPLE WITHOUT GETTING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE OUT OF THEM BEFORE THEY SCREW THEM. I AM SURE YOU ARE VERY PROUD OF WHAT YOU DO!
I WOULD BE ASHAMED TO TELL PEOPLE OF WHAT I DO IF THAT IS ALL I DO.
I SEND MY CARD INFO TO THE SYSTEM AND THAT IS ALL I AM GOING TO DO.
IF YOU CAN'T HELP ME, TELL ME AND I WILL STOP PAYMENT AND MOVE TO BOSE ON MONDAY AND TELL THEM OF THE ASSHOLES THEY HAVE WORKING WITH THEM AND WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO.
IT STINKS.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Noted!

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

On the above post and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions as the system still reports a "...payment failure..."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GOOD BY. AND DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD ANY FEES. YOU DID NOTHING FOR ME.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps was not viewable; "... contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions as the system still reports a "...payment failure..."..."