Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I got rid of my cable tv, just hooked up to an antenna. How

Customer Question

I got rid of my cable tv, just hooked up to an antenna. How do I hook up my Lifestyle Bose Entertainment system now? Instructions do not show hook up with just an antenna as your input, no cable or satellite. Do I still need to use the video enhancer somehow even though my antenna goes directly into the tv?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome Ron. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website. To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Also what model and version Bose Lifestyle do you have? There are more than 20 different kinds of Bose Lifestyle's.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

So without more information, here is what I can tell you...

Most Tv's have audio output jack(s). It can be analog RCA red/white or analog 3.5 mm stereo "headphone" jack or can be digital optical output. So plug the audio out of the Tv to the audio In on the Bose. There may be some configuration in the tv menu to enable the audio out and/or disable the tv built in speakers. If you need more detail that this then we need the model information as previously mentioned.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?