Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

I have a Marantz sr6009 hooked to my hdtv through hdmi but

Customer Question

I have a Marantz sr6009 hooked to my hdtv through hdmi but tv displays no signal
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you considered / tried a RESET?

And would the HDMI sources display as expected when directly connected to the TV bypassing the SR6009?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did a reset yes if devices are hooked to my tv then picture is displayed that is why I purchased this Marantz though so I could get rid of the rats nest and go all hdmi hookup but I can't even setup the darn thing cause I can't get video to go through
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did the dmax zone 2 hold reset then the +- reset this is hard to understand especially the manual my other Marantz in the living room which is a nr series dang hook that up turned on tv and boom all is good this one I'm like wth
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

How long is the HDMI cable from the Marantz to the TV please?

When the RESET was tried, did the Marantz displayed "Initialized" in its small screen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HDMI cord is around 5 ft yes the screen said initialized and the reset doing the +- showed a bunch of squares filling the circle display
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

And finally, is this a fresh/new install? ...or has the SR6009 been in use before with the HDMI working as expected and this issue recent?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Was used before was a display at Best Buy
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

I understand.

If the RESET was not corrective, then it would be indicative of a most likely internal hardware issue.

To confirm, try temporarily connecting the SR6009 by HDMI to another TV.