Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

WE HAD 2 DISCS IN ONE SLOT BY ACCIDENT - OPENED UP THE 3

Customer Question

WE HAD 2 DISCS IN ONE SLOT BY ACCIDENT - OPENED UP THE 3 DISC CHANGER, REMOVED DISC, PUT IT BACK TOGETHER NOW IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL ?? ANY IDEAS !!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of your system?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bose multi-cd changer - can't find a model number
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for confirming.

When you say "doesn't work at all", do you mean it just won't load a disc, or it will load but won't read, or that it won't even turn on?
Did you physically dismantle it (removed the casing) to extract the discs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we physically dismantled it, loaded the tapes one per slot and it would not play
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Okay you may have reconnected improperly, are you sure you have the control cable from the changer to the main radio unit connected?
If that checks out, then you most likely damaged one of the internal components, not necessarily when you took it apart, but when the 2nd disc was inside. When jammed like that it is easy to cause damage to the laser and transport assemblies.

You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

Next, reset the system by unplugging power for an hour

press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?