Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My Onkyo HT r990 was still working the previous night but

Customer Question

My Onkyo HT r990 was still working the previous night but now there is no sound. We did not touch the amp because we use the remote all the time.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well the previous night we were still following a series and switched it off like always. When we wanted to carry on tonight there was no sound. We have picture on the TV but no sound. Checked all the cables and the HDMI cable is securely plugged in. But like I said we always use the remote to operate the amp.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: Do not think so because we did not change anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.

Welcome. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

My initial suggestion is to unplug the POWER cord for the Onkyo unit and whatever source device/box you are watching the content from (sat/cable box, or bluray player, or Roku, or Fire tv, etc). Wait 5 full minutes then plug in the POWER cords and check for normal operation.

Let me know the results and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks