Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My Onkyo HT r990 was still working the previous night but

Customer Question

My Onkyo HT r990 was still working the previous night but now there is no sound. We did not touch the amp because we use the remote all the time.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well the previous night we were still following a series and switched it off like always. When we wanted to carry on tonight there was no sound. We have picture on the TV but no sound. Checked all the cables and the HDMI cable is securely plugged in. But like I said we always use the remote to operate the amp.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: Do not think so because we did not change anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me specifically how everything is connected?
Can you get audio out of the onkyo fm radio tuner?

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.