Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Is there a way to reset a Fostek MR16 Multitracker recorder

Customer Question

Is there a way to reset a Fostek MR16 Multitracker recorder that is stuck with a "please wait..." message?
--DOJ
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. When it's stuck on Please Wait, it means the software on the internal hard drive has become corrupt. There may be hope to fix it without using a shop. First, click here, and download the software version 1.05. Then, click here, and follow steps 12-13. Now try to power it up and finish the steps.

If it doesn't come on, you will need to contact the dealer to get the original operating system put back onto the recorder. Here are your choices:

American Music and Sound

Address:*****, Suite 305, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 USA

Telephone: (+1)(###) ###-####br />Fax: (+1)(###) ###-####br />Email: *****@******.***
Web Site: http://www.americanmusicandsound.com/

Notes:

U.S.A. Speaker Components Only

Madisound Speaker Components, Inc

Address:
8608 University Green #10, Middleton, WI 53562, U.S.A.

Web Site: http://www.madisound.com

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
These look like good instructions. Thank you, ***** ***** will be back should I need further assistance.Best,
--Dennis
Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

It's not always the case that the firmware fixes it, and many times it will need to go to the shop to have the system flashed. Please tell me the outcome, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.