Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I have a pioneer vsx-50 and it is blinking UE22. : The UE22

Customer Question

I have a pioneer vsx-50 and it is blinking UE22.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The UE22 continues to blink and my sound cuts off randomly.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: That's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Have you attempted any updates to the pioneer recently?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I have not. I do not know how to update it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you tell me how to do that? So, I can see if it works.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

That's ok, just checking on what has been done. The update is not likely to help at this point.

That error can sometimes be the result of a failed firmware updated (corrupted file), which is why I asked.

Since that is not the case here, it would unfortunately indicate an internal hardware fault, which means that there is defective processing circuitry on the control board, a very common problem with this model. For a 2011 model, it is at/past its service life at this point anyway, so this type of fault is not surprising to see.

What we can try is to reset the system:
Unplug power for a few minutes

Replug, and with power off (standby mode) press and hold the ENTER button on the front, while powering back on

it should show RESET on the screen, use the preset <> buttons to highlight it, and press Enter,

then once more to confirm.

If it will come on, we can proceed to update it,

if it still has the same issue, it confirms a hardware defect, and at that point it is time for a new receiver - it is not worth fixing. You'd spend more to repair it than to buy a new one with updated features and a fresh warranty.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well. Let me know how the reset worked, and I'll advise further on the updating process or replacement recommendations if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?