Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I have a new Yamaha Natural Sound R-8700 receiver paired

Customer Question

I have a new Yamaha Natural Sound R-8700 receiver paired with a pair of old two way yahmah speakers and a definitive technologies sub woofer. I am moving to a condominium in florida and need great sound at lower volumes. What can i do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There really isn't anything you need to do differently.

The system you have will still work just fine at lower volumes, but you may wish to dial back the power/volume on the sub so that the bass is not so extreme, and perhaps adjust the mid range equalizer settings up a bit to help hear dialogue/voice better at more moderate volumes.

Is this the type of info you were looking for, or were you perhaps instead considering buying different equipment and looking for a recommendation?

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?