info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Home Theatre and Amplifiers expert
18621325

I have a Bose Solo 10 3 years old and last night it just

Customer Question

I have a Bose Solo 10 3 years old and last night it just quit no power no green lite nothing
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  info tech replied 6 months ago.
HelloWelcome Can you hear any click when you switch on please from the unit or speakers? Anthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I can't Hear anything
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there anything else I can do myself or is it an issue for a expert?
In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the unit will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powersection is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is components in the powersection itself.Please let me know if you can do work or need more info Sorry this is not something easier Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site (I am a user of the site like you are a verified technician, I do not work for JustAnswer) if you need more help let me know , note the question NEVER CLOSES IT REMAINS OPEN should you need more help no or later thank you. ***** RegardsAnthony
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think I can do that so all I need is a multimeter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please walk me thru it
Hopefully you have a meter trace the powercord (remove lid) where the powercord enters the powersection measure for 120vac that will cnfirm your power let me know you have got that far