Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

While playing, my DENON AVR-1600 THE POWER KEEPS SHUTTING

Customer Question

While playing, my DENON AVR-1600 THE POWER KEEPS SHUTTING OFF.
If i wait a second or two then i hit the power on two times, then comes back on, but may be on 1-20 minutes and shuts down again
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Marvin.

The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Marvin?