Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have an Xts screen that is frozen. It was set up properly

Customer Question

I have an Xts screen that is frozen. It was set up properly with all the rooms properly labeled but now it's stuck on a streaming station I don't have and it reflects rooms that don't exist in my home.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Please elaborate on "Xts". Postback with the full brand and model of the device you're having problems with.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The brand is Russound and Model is MCA 66.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Please unplug the controller amplifier from wall power for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Are you still with me here? What happened.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nothing happened. Screen is still frozen.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
What screen is frozen- one of the touchpads? How about the rest of them- do they operate normally? It's possible you have a failed touch pad. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's the Xts screen. Everything still functions normally on the other touchpads.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay there's dozen of keypads which can be used. So this is the XTS keypad? Hang on and let me see if I can find a reset for the XTS alone.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
On the back of the XTS touchpad is a reset button. You will need to remove the faceplate, remove the two screws that hold the XTS touchpad on the wall, then flip it around to locate the reset button. Press and hold the reset button for 8 seconds and release and let me know if this fixes the issue.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need proper tools. Will get them tomorrow
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay, that is your quick fix for this problem. If that does not work then disconnect the 12VDC power inlet from the back of the touchpad for 60 minutes and reconnect. Further than that the touchpad would need to be replaced, but generally the "reset" option is the fix for this (in 90% of the cases we've seen). If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Your keypad manual outlining where the reset button is- is below:
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?