Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Lifestyle 38 IV system. The remote control all of a

Customer Question

I have a Lifestyle 38 IV system. The remote control all of a sudden just died....tried new batteries but nothing happens....any advise short of putting out $$$ for a replacement?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...Is the Bose unit turning on? Responds to buttons on the unit itself? Has Sound?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
system working manually
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Very first thing to try is simply unplugging the Bose unit POWER cord for about 3 minutes. Plug back in, check if it will now respond to the remote. Next is going to be assigning a "house code" to the remote. Here is the process for that:Make sure your Lifestyle® system is turned offRemove the battery cover from the back of the remoteThere are nine miniature switches above the batteries. There may be a clear plastic strip protecting the switches. You can remove the stripNote: This strip cannot be reattached once it is removed, but its absence will not create any problems.Move any of the first four switches up or down, in any combination, using a paper clip, push pin or similar objectHold the remote next to the media center. On the media center control panel, press and hold downEnter. The words "House Code," followed by four squares, will appear in the media center display. The squares correspond to the first four switches on the remoteContinue to hold down the media center Enter button and press any other button on the remoteThe blocks in the display will shift to match the position of the first four switches on the remote, and the display will indicate "New House Code." Release the Enter buttonVerify that the remote works Let me know how all that goes and before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.ThanksMike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Just checking back in to see what happened, if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?