Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I want bought a Bose universal remote bose system and I want

Customer Question

I want bought a Bose universal remote for my bose system and I want to pair it to my Bose surround sound but their is no code for my system. Is their a way to pair my Bose remote to control my surround sound system?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What bose system do you have, and what specific remote have you purchased?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a Bose 321 cinemate that's several years old and I bought a Bose universal remote because I lost the remote that came with the system.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is their a Bose code I can use to program the new remote?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Well when you say "bose universal remote", I need to know what model.There is no such thing as a universal bose remote, you may have found a generic/3rd party remote that is made to look like a bose one, but bose remotes are highly specific and only work with certain models. Even of the actual "universal" bose remotes that are actually from bose, they really only work with a handful of models.If you have a 321, this is the remote you need: http://amzn.to/1TqXVGtReturn the other one you bought, if it is anything other than the above model, it isn't going to work, regardless of programming.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I order the remote you mentioned, should it just work immediately?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
it should work right out of the box. Because it is model specific, no programming should be needed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just received the remote you told me to order and it does not work. Please help
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you have the cinemate unit with the built in dvd player, or the one that is just the small "interface module" box?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DVD player
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Okay, since even the new remote isn't working, this tends to indicate a hardware issue, meaning a faulty control board or bad IR sensor.Just to be safe though, can you use the onboard buttons to try to access the bose on screen menu, get into the settings, and look under remote, to make sure that IR capability is turned on (some remotes for these work via RF, so we need to make sure it can pick up signals from the new remote).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have no remote sub menu under settings.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Look in the advanced or system settings. If it isn't there, then you have the older version of the system that didn't support rf, and this isn't applicable.If it is there, change it. In either case, if still no response to remote, that indicates a hardware issue, which isn't surprising to see on these older systems as it is well past its service life (by about double) at this point.The next step would then be a reset process:There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. At that point, your best recourse is to return the remotes for a refund and invest in a new sound system. While this one can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. Only a few places in the country will work on these, and the cost of repairs will cost you far more than you'd spend on a new sound system. Should it come to that, I can help with repair or replacement info. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan