Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I installed my new kenwood radio it's a touch screen with

Customer Question

I installed my new kenwood radio it's a touch screen with iPod and Bluetooth capabilities. I got everything to work right except the sound seems so low even when turned all way up. How can I fix this?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, First- what is the MODEL of the Kenwood system? Second, what is the YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL of the car it's installed in? Also are you using a Metra interface harness, or did you splice the wires one at a time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kenwood DDX6902S model
My truck is a 2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 LT
Basic sound not the premium package on the truck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I bought a kit so I only had to connect a few wires no splicing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, how many speakers are in your truck- 4 or 6? Also, you may need to remove the radio and locally connect a speaker right to it while it's pulled out to test and narrow down the problem. Is this something you can do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can test that I'm going to start now. I have 4 speakers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. There's a good chance one of your speaker wires, OR EVEN the terminal on one of the speakers is touching the chassis of the truck and causing a short- which will cause the Kenwood to go into low current mode and the sound will be barely audible. Pull the deck out and disconnect ALL of the speaker wires from it. Tape off all of the speaker wires except for one pair ( so they don't short against each other) and then locally take a speaker (any working speaker will do) and connect it directly to the deck. See if the sound is still low and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay sounds good. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.