Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

I have a VSX-522 Pioneer receiver that as it gets warmed up

Customer Question

I have a VSX-522 Pioneer receiver that as it gets warmed up the volume starts to fade. We keep turning up the volume and at one point the volume cuts out completely. The unit will stay one and about 5-15 minutes later will come back at full volume, the process starts over again.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Home Theater Technician should know?
Customer: This receiver is installed in a motor home that travels 6 months of the year.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: It is about one year old and only started after about 4 months on the road.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does the receiver ever shut off, or start flashing on the display or power light?
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan