Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a Pioneer a Audio/Video Multi-Channel Receiver VSX-1021

Customer Question

Have a Pioneer a Audio/Video Multi-Channel Receiver
VSX-1021 -K. I notice that I have a flashing UE33 on the screen what does it mean?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. UE33 indicates that the Firmware in the receiver has failed and needs to be updated. If the unit's connected to your Network, then it is automatically supposed to download updates to the Firmware. If it showing UE33- then it means the last update failed and would need to manually be installed onto the receiver. To fix this you will need a USB thumb driver, and then to follow the instructions at the link below to update the Firmware: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/VSX-1021_50_51/ver1-151-081-111-073/VSX1021_50_51_FWupdate_USB.pdf
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance once you read and follow the instructions posted.