Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Integra DTR 80.3 Reciever. Please explain the speakers

Customer Question

I have a Integra DTR 80.3 Reciever. Please explain the speakers Zone set up and how the zone is determined for this model. I have L-R front with center and 1 sub-woolfer and back L-R.
I am having trouble getting all the speakers to work at the same time. How do I set the system to have both the front L-R with Sub-woolfer and the center speaker with the bi-amp turned on. the center speaker will not turn on when the bi-amp is selected.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, how would the Zone speakers be powered; using an add-on amplifier? ...or using the Integra's built-in multi channel amps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Using the built-in amps
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand. Have you configured the Integra's setting for Powered Zone 2/3/4 ? ...this is telling the DTR 80.3 that its built-in amp would be used to power these Zones instead of the originally intended FRONT HIGH, FRONT WIDE and SURR BACK.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,Have you referenced p.49 of the User's Manual as may be viewed HERE ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to try that. And yes I have looked at page 49. I will wait until tomorrow, things will be clearer then, I have read and looked so much today, that it is all running together! Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand; tomorrow or when able.Cheers.