Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a HT-F6530W Home entertainment system, I pressed

Customer Question

Hi I have a HT-F6530W Home entertainment system, I pressed the wrong button on the remote a week ago, now I keep getting FAN NG message and the sound switches off and goes back to TV sound
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I keep getting FAN NG message which I understand means Fan No Good and then the system switches off. I pressed the wrong button by mistake on the remote about a week ago and then the problem started
JA: Is there anything else the Home Theater Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home Theater Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and even if suspected as to have been caused by an erring remote button, have you tried:• unplugging for an extended period of time;• attempting to turn on with no speakers/wires connected;• checking if the cooling fan at the back would spin (even momentarily) when first plugged in and/or when attempting to turn ON.