Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a Bose Solo. The sound went out. From the internet found

Customer Question

Have a Bose Solo. The sound went out. From the internet found out that to get sound back on, unplug the Solo power cord. Wait 5 minutes plug back in. This works most of the time but it needs to be done every time the unit is turned off and back on. Is there a permanent fix for this problem?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Bose Solo sound went out on what? Are you using a cable, SAT box with your TV viewing system? Is there still no sound if you select DVD?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Using an optical cable from TV to the Solo. Cable is good since sound comes out of the Solo if I remove the power cord. Wait a few minutes and plug it back in. The next time the Solo is turned on have to unplug the power cord, wait, plug power cord in to get the Solo to work.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Not sure what you mean here. So sound works but it doesn't work? Please elaborate.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
To get the Solo to work, have to disconnect the power cord from the Solo then wait a few minutes, connect the power cord to the Solo, I hear a few chirps then the Solo works. I have had the Solo for 15 months without this problem it just surfaced in the last few days
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Let's try a different way. What specific "device" is connected to the Solo and using what type of cabling? For example, if it's a cable/SAT box, using an optical cable, HAVE YOU tried swapping out for a new cable or rebooting the Cable box?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes to both. The optic cable is connected from TV to the Solo. This is the setup that was working. But to get the Solo to work now I have to go thru the procedure of disconnecting power and reconnect as explained earlier
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
I understand all you said about unplugging it - that's been posted here multiple times. Have you replace your optical cable yet? If not, then please try a brand new cable as the next step. If that does not work then let me know how long you've owned the Bose for.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Replaced the cable. Owned for 15 months