Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Aiwa cx-zl100 tape and cd donot play tuner and turntable work.

Customer Question

aiwa cx-zl100 tape and cd donot play
tuner and turntable work.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That sounds like an internal power supply problem, or power distribution problem, if the tape deck and the CD player are in the same chassis or machine. It most likely will require repair. (Note: if the deck is fairly old, both may simply have a problem owing to sheer age, esp. if you did confirmedly notice the loss of function of one (e.g. the tape) first, before the other (e.g. the CD) lost function.) Does the FF and REW function move the tape, in the tape deck?Does the CD player give any particular indication or error message, or even an error light? or does it simply sit there (and not ever play the CD) ? How old is the CX-ZL deck in question?