Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I'm trying to connect my fire tv to get through my bose

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to connect my fire tv to get through my bose home theater it's about 8 yo, I don't link where to find the model number. Can you help please?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Which firetv do you have? Box or stick? Gen 1 or 2?What model bose do you have? It would be indicated on a sticker on the main/control box.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Fire Tv box model CL1130
Bose av48
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for confirming.That looks like the gen1 appletv box (not the current 4k model), which is actually a good thing in this case, because your bose system is too old to support the current models.Your bose system doesn't support hdmi inputs, but what you can do is run hdmi from the fire to the tv,then a separate optical cable from the fire to the bose, or from the tv to the bose, either way will work.Just set the bose to the optical/aux digital input, and it will pick up the sound that way.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I get sound but now my cable box as no sound. How do i set the Bose to digital/aux output?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Not output, input. The bose needs to be set to the corresponding INPUT for whatever device you are using, be it cable/satellite, or the auxillary port, depending where you connected the fire, and where the box is connected.The bose remote has input buttons on it, you just have to press the corresponding button.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have the fire tv hdmi connected to tv hdmi #4. The optical cable from fire tv to Bose optical input. I change the tv input to 4 and the fire tv works, the Bose is on cbl box. When I unplug the optical cable from the fire tv the sound comes back from the cable box.
I don't know how to have both work without unplugging that optical cable?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
OKay, then you must have the cable box connected to the digital input on the bose too, you can't have them both together.Unhook the cable box from the bose and instead hook it to the tv via hdmi (preferably) also.Then run a single optical from the TV to the bose (which will give sound for fire and cable both)
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?