Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My cd player do not work it makes marks on the cd{bose}

Customer Question

my cd player do not work it makes marks on the cd{bose}
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Which model Bose do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wave music syetem model awrcci
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. And how long have you owned this unit for? Also has it intermittently played discs in the past- meaning it slowly started failing? Or was it working fine one moment and dead the next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5yrs
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Also has it intermittently played discs in the past- meaning it slowly started failing? Or was it working fine one moment and dead the next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it works once this year start the music and then stop
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This can be caused by either a processor glitch, or the CD laser lens unit has failed. With Bose systems the reset is always to unplug the system for 60 minutes and then plug them back in. This clears the processor and can act as a reset. If that does not work the next step is to purchase a can of compressed air and liberally blow using the straw-tip, into the disc slot to remove and dust and debris. In 90% of the cases out there, this fixes the issue as the lens becomes dirty/contaminated and can cause the disc to not play.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
However if the issue goes beyond that, then this does require repairs made to the unit- more specifically the disc drive assembly needs to be replaced, and you can contact a 3rd party Bose repair site at the link below to have them fix the system: http://www.myboserepair.com/bose_wave_radio_cd_repair.htm
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The flat repair rate for this system is $200. Alternatively Bose themselves "may" opt to repair the system for about the same cost, but in many cases will not as they will deem the unit too old for repairs. In that case they will offer to sell you a brand new system at a discount in exchange for your old one. So the repair service at $200 is the most cost effective choice IF unplugging and cleaning out the disc slot with air do not work. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i move the system there is something making sound inside i turn it over to check the number on the system i turn it back there is something inside making sound
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Then it sounds like it needs repairs, and I posted a repair service for you above. Is there anything else you need with this today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
who should i contact to get a new one
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Parts moving around could be a piece of solder (which is generally harmless) or it could be more serious and be a mechanical part of the plastic that spins the disc in the CD player that has broken off. The only way to find out is to open the system. Is this something you're looking to do yourself? If not, then it's best to have it in the hands of an authorized/certified repair shop in case something goes wrong. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix. If you just want to buy a new system (yours would no longer be covered by any sort of warranty) the you can go directly to Bose's website and order directly from them.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The Bose website link is below: https://www.bose.com/en_us/index.html
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay. If you need further assistance let me know. Otherwise please kindly click a 3,4 OR 5 STAR RATING so that I am credited for working with you on this.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?