Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a denon mc6000MK2 dj controller. I have used it a total

Customer Question

I have a denon mc6000MK2 dj controller. I have used it a total of approx 8 times. While on a gig it worked perfectly. Powered off properly. The next day i went to use it again, and it would not power ON AT ALL. I ordered a new power supply, and that did not fix the issue at all. Is there anything else i can try before i have to take it somewhere to be repaired??
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Lou and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, the described symptom would almost always point to an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering an internal circuit level DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I could get one. Indo not have one on hand. Are you suggesting it is the power switch itself or the actual "DC 12V IN" ?
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
With the multi-meter, we can determine the output voltage of the "...new power supply..." (even if just to eliminate it as a potential suspect).With the meter, we can also check the internal ON continuity of the rear button switch.And more importantly, we can test the solder condition & continuity of the DC12V socket, the filter choke/bead L708 and the fuse F700.These 4 above would be the preliminary components to check.