Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a dual CS621 turntable. I just put in a new stylus.

Customer Question

I have a dual CS621 turntable. I just put in a new stylus. I get sound but it is poor quality. Also, my receiver does not have a turntable in port, so I don't know where to plug the two rca cables in. Please advise.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What model receiver are you using?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using an onkyo av HT-R640 receiver
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Okay, the new stylus is likely not even an issue, but rather an issue with the receiver.That receiver does not have a phono input port, you can use another (cd, etc), but will need to add in a phono pre-amp between the turntable and the onkyo: http://amzn.to/1rXTmNpI suspect that once you have that in place, the sound quality will improve.If it does not, let me know what stylus you used, it may be the wrong model, or installed incorrectly.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan