Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Bose sound dock series 1 sound board testing with a multim

Customer Question

Bose sound dock series 1 sound board testing with a multimeter.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I take it that the new sound card has been accompanied by a lack of powering On. Can it power On without the new sound card? not that it would be usable that way, but because, if it does, it's a sign that the new sound card has a short in it or otherwise inhibits functioning and initialization. But tell me what the problem was originally (that made you need the new sound card) and what the problem is now. I might be able to advise you in more and better detail. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

typically when you plug in the the power source it makes a long beep. It no lingual problems appear to be the er does that and will not pair with iPhone/iPad etc.

The invebo bluetooth upgrade seems pretty solid. After doing some research the most typical problems are the:

power source

ribbon connection

or the sound card

I borrowed a buddy old school iPod and am going to reassemble the (eBay sound dock) and test it with the iPod. If that one works, it should be an indicator that the invebo bluetooth is the faulty party

A long beep would be a fatal error indication - meaning something serious is detected on power-up, as a defective part of the system.So, yes, that could indicate that one part you added in or swapped in to the system is bad, or at least incompatible. Could be the Bluetooth.