Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands

I have an altec lansing home theater system VS4621 but I lost

Customer Question

I have an altec lansing home theater system VS4621 but I lost the subwoofer in the process of moving.Hope you can help me locate another one,Jeff
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Jeff. Unfortunately, this just isn't going to be replaceable. This is not a theater system, but rather an older model computer speaker system from 2010.These types of systems are not designed to be serviceable and parts are never sold individually. Altec Lansing does not support them in any form, and at this point the system is actually past its designed service life. While you could buy a whole new system of the same model, the sub alone is not available for purchase, unless you perhaps happen to come across one on ebay at some point. You can set up a search alert for it, but given the overall costs involved in buying and shipping one, you're better off just starting over with a new system at this point. .It just isn't worth the investment in a sub when the entire system could be expected to fail at any time now. You can get a new system of the same model here: Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?