Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

A power failure happened, over 30 seconds power failed X3.

Customer Question

A power failure happened, over 30 seconds power failed X3. The TV did not come back on. I rebooted, but it did not help. The TV in the bedroom came back up, but the big screen (Runco) stay off. I also booted the DirecTV system. The bedroom TV came back on, but the Runco stayed off. I do not know what to do. The receiver, Blue-ray, DVR, and Runco were a gift from my Son, and he set it up. The cables and wires are all mixed together. I can not tell what goes where. The blue-ray, radio, and DVR came back on via the remote control, but the TV stayed off. Please help me out. I do know how to turn the TV back on Common sense tells me its the receiver Denon AVR2310C1.
Please help.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me the complete model number of the runco, and if you see any lights on it, if the screen comes one (blue screen or static, etc), if it is making any clicking sounds, etc?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am in room where the computer and a second working TV is located. I will look for the runco model number.5C007227UC is the number on the back of the runco screen.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry I forgot about the lights. No lights of any color come on nor are there any sounds. The screen remains blank and without sound.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the info about the lights, but that does not appear to be a valid model number, however. Could you recheck for me please? An example would be in the format of XP-65DHD or PL-50HDX
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already been over charged for a service yet to be evaluated. I am not satisfied with the service or the charging practice. I will talk to my credit card company in the AM.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
You are charged in accordance with the agreed upon terms and conditions of the site.You paid a deposit to post your question, and are charged the balance by the site, upon corresponding with an expert. That fee is ultimately refundable, if you don't get an answer, but the intent here is for you to communicate with me to provide the requested detail such that I can then provide you an answer. I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. If you wanted to stop/cancel, you could simply request that.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need more help with this? I see your question is still open.If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan