Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.

I have an old stereo system,a kd-52fb turmtable,amp ka-92b,

Customer Question

I have an old stereo system,a kd-52fb turmtable,amp ka-92b, equalizer ge-52b,cassette kx-72rb, disc dp 800, jl 930w. they have not been used in years and I was wondering if they have value, and where I can have them serviced. I live in Elyria, OH 20 miles west of Cleveland,Oh
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi Nelson and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, were they operational prior to storage? ...repairs needed?Or would you simply want them installed/connected together?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do the have a value ,they may need servive, and where can I get service in Cleveland,Ohio
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think so
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all I would like to know is it worth my time and $$
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
These models were made in the mid 80's and are 'considered' entry level system. Current models of home theater systems would out perform this both in power and sound quality.These models would also need to be serviced as a number of its electronic components would need replacement if not just checking particularly the electrolytic capacitors.Based on the above, it may not be worth it and it would be to your advantage to consider multi-channel / surround systems.A big factor to consider would be the availability (or the lack of it) of digital connection ports/jacks for full compatibility with modern day TVs, DVD /Blu-ray players, cable boxes and the likes.