Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Denon box, It will not turn on, however the standby

Customer Question

I have a Denon box, It will not turn on, however the standby light keeps flashing. I tried to unplug let it set and then replug same thing happens. Can you tell me what to do.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Please elaborate on a "Denon BOX"- are you referring to a CD player, internet streaming box, some sort of receiver?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Surround sound system, I have it along with dish box
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is a receiver
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
What's the model number of the Denon receiver, and how long have you owned it for?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have had it for 6 years......AVR 790
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the specifics. The blinking light on this receiver indicates it is in "protect" mode, and generally either an external or internal short has caused the issue. Please try the following to rule out an external fault 1) Disconnect the receiver from power (unplug the AC cord). 2) Remove ALL speaker wires and other connections to the receiver (so that nothing it plugged into the receiver at all). 3) Plug the receiver back into power and press the power/standby button. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, I will do this now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There are tons of wires connected, what your asking me is impossible.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would never get them correct right
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
connected right
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Okay, then there is no way for you to try to fix this on you're own. Since you cannot do the legwork to help fix your problem I will opt out.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would expect a refund
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***