Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have rotel rsx1067 receiver 7x100 watts connect to my oppo

Customer Question

I have rotel rsx1067 receiver 7x100 watts connect to my oppo 103 bluray player.my problem I can not control volume on my rotel receive ? If I want volume up or down I have to control volume on my oppo bluray player and sound is not smothers and choke? What happen to receiver and how to fix it?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, a little more background info please:• how is the Blu-ray player connected to the receiver using what kind of cable;• is this a first time install;• or the RSX-1067 with the BDP-103 has been working together as expected long before;• did this slowly developed over time;• or suddenly the fault was there 1 day;• any recent work, repairs or mods done.And please confirm, the RSX-1067's volume level can not be changed by the front panel's volume control nor by the ▼/▲ VOL buttons of the remote control.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rotel rsx1067 + oppo 103 bluray both brand new and first time hook up.
1-rsx1067 can not change both front panel Knox + romote control even you raise max 100 sound coming out is small and choke.
2- I used both optical + rca cable and try both or one of a kind but no work
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On back panel there are two zone :
1-multi input: front r -front l -center- rear r -rear l -sub.
Pre-out: all input same as multi input.
Which zone you suggest I use?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From The digital input from back I choose plug in optical input and the other end plug in optical hole of oppo 103. I also try plug rca cable from rsx1067 pre-out front r + front left to back of front l + front r of oppo.still not work
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Appreciate the additional information.(For test purposes); Can you please try again from the Oppo's FL & FR jacks to the Rotel's FRONT L & FRONT R MULTI INPUT?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I try it and it work but sound still feel lack of power and not smooth as usual.I have own rotel rmb 1075 and 1095 before. And rsx1067 is similar to rmb1075 then I know familiar with rotel sound.I plan to buy rotel rb1080 200 watts x2. To bi-amp with rsx1067.I listen music to rb1080 and watch movies on rsx1067.my question is can I biamp these two? And how to biamp? What kind of cable I need to buy? Thank You for your help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I am wrong I try connect front L+R from oppo to front L+R on back multi input of rsx1067 as you advised but it is no sound at all. The sound I hear is optical cable from rsx1067 to optical drive of oppo.when I unplug optical cable off from both unit it is no sound at all.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
I understand, then the Rotel is configured to sense/process the signal fed through the optical input.This model would output 100....120 watts at most AND more importantly does not have the hardware provision for bi-amping in the true sense. What can be done would be dual amp the FRONT L and FRONT R; i.e. feed the RB-1080's RIGHT & LEFT INPUT jacks from the RSX-1067's FRONT L & FRONT R PRE OUTs. Of course, there would now be four (4) FRONT speakers powered by two (2) Rotel amps or the equivalent of 200 + 100 watts per channel.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know analog set up is not work? Any help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Using the analog MULTI INPUT jacks would bypass all digital processing and are fed directly to the volume control and preamp outputs.Please ensure that the MULTI INPUT has been assigned to the specific video source/connection to the OPPO BDP-103. This would be in the Rotel's INPUT SETUP menu.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi there
Yours" advised did not help me solved my problem.I request partial refund me back 15.00 instead of full 25.00 dollars.I know you try hard that is why I request full refund.Zi plan to sell the rsx1067 and buy newest model instead it make me headache.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
I understand. Good luck.